Bloccs® Contest Terms and Conditions
Bloccs® Contest Terms and Conditions
If you live in the US please refer to the US Contest Terms and Conditions which are displayed after the Competition Terms and Conditions shown below.
Bloccs® Competition Terms and Conditions
1.1 These Competition Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to all competitions that are hosted and/or promoted by McAdam Lloyd Limited (“we/us/our”), a registered limited company (number 5107367) whose registered address is Lawrence Drive, Stover Trading Estate, Yate, Bristol, BS37 5PG. If you need to contact us, you can find our contact details at: https://bloccs.com.au/pages/contact-us
1.2 Specific details for each competition (“Competition Rules”) will be issued before or on the time and date the competition begins (“Opening Date”). Competition Rules will be made available on our website https://bloccs.com.au/ (“Website”) together with a copy of these Terms. If there is any conflict between these Terms and the Competition Rules then the Competition Rules will prevail.
2. HOW TO ENTER
2.1 The Competition Rules will detail the following:
2.1.1 the Opening Date;
2.1.2 how to enter the competition;
2.1.3 the date by which all competition entries must be received by us (“Closing Date”). All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified; and,
2.1.4 how the competition winner will be decided (e.g. panel of judges, randomly selected etc.).
2.2 We will not accept:
2.2.1 responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
2.2.2 proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
2.3 No purchase is necessary.
2.4 By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms.
3.1 The competition is only open to individuals aged 16 years or over (unless otherwise specified in the Competition Rules), except:
3.1.1 our employees or any employees of our holding or subsidiary companies;
3.1.2 anyone who is professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
3.1.3 members of the immediate families or households of the above.
3.2 In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
3.3 We will not accept competition entries that are (where applicable):
3.3.1 automatically generated by computer;
3.3.2 completed by third parties or in bulk;
3.3.3 illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
3.3.4 indecent, threatening, obscene or inappropriate;
3.3.5 photocopies and not originals;
3.3.6 incomplete; or
3.3.7 in contravention of our Acceptable Use Policy https://bloccs.com.au/pages/terms-and-conditions-of-use
3.4 There is a no limit on how many entries you may submit, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Rules or the entries are found to be as per clause 3.3
3.5 We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
3.6 Unless otherwise stated, competition entries cannot be returned.
4. THE PRIZE
4.1 The prize will be as detailed in the Competition Rules.
4.2 Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
4.3 We reserve the right to replace or amend the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value.
4.4 The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
4.5 The Competition Rules will detail how the prizes can be claimed.
5. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
5.1 The winner of the competition will be announced on the time and date (“Announcement Date”) and via the method of communication as detailed in the Competition Rules.
5.2 Our decision, or that of the judges nominated by us, is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
5.3 We will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry.
6. CLAIMING THE PRIZE
6.1 If you are the winner of the prize, you will have  days from the Announcement Date to claim the prize. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
6.2 We will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within  days of the Announcement Date, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
6.3 We do not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
7. LIMITATION LIABILITY
Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by our negligence, or that of our agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
8.1 All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to us will become our property on receipt and will not be returned.
8.2 By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to assign to us all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee and waive all moral rights.
8.3 You warrant that any/all parts are your own work and do not in any way infringe the rights of a third party including, but not limited to, their intellectual property rights.
8.4 You agree that we may, but are not required to, make your entry available on our Website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying material, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
9. DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
9.1 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that we may use your name, image and town or county of residence to make announcements about the relevant competition including naming you as the winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
9.2 You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by us.
10.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
10.2 We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition and/or these Terms where it becomes necessary to do so. Any changes to the competition and/or these Terms will take effect immediately from the date that the amendments are made available on the Website.
10.3 These Terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Bloccs® US Contest Terms and Conditions
1. This contest ‘best captioned or hash-tagged photo or video of how a Bloccs Waterproof Cast and Dressing Cover has saved your holiday or vacation’ (the “Contest”).
2. Applicability. Each person who enters this Contest (“Entrant”) acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) apply. These T&Cs is the sole agreement between Entrant and Bloccs pertaining to the Contest and supersedes and replaces any prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between Entrant and Bloccs pertaining to the Contest.
3. Notices. No purchase is necessary to enter or win this Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Facebook.
4. Sponsor. The sponsor of this Contest is McAdam Lloyd, Inc. (d/b/a “Bloccs”), with an address located at 70 West Madison Street Suite 5750, Chicago, IL, 60602, USA
Contest entries – Entering the competition is easy, simply chose from the three options below:
5. Entry. Upload a photo or video (the “Entry”, or, if more than one Entry, “Entries”) of a person wearing a Waterproof Cast and Dressing Cover and a caption or hashtag by
WAYS TO ENTER
To participate, follow these steps:
1. Capture a family-friendly photo or video of yourself wearing a Bloccs® product.
2. Share the photo or video on a social media platform of your choice.
3. Include the hashtags #Bloccs and #BloccsAtHome or #SavedOurVacation in your post.
4. Tag our Bloccs account. Depending on the platform you've chosen, make sure to tag the relevant account. Our account handles are provided below for your reference.
5. After posting, copy the link to your social media post.
6. Access the competition entry form and paste the link to your social media post in the designated field of the entry form.
If you don't have a social media account, don't worry! You can still participate by following these alternative steps:
- Capture your family-friendly photo or video wearing a Bloccs® product.
- Visit our competition entry form.
- Upload your photo or video file through the entry form.
- Use the provided fields in the form to enter the necessary information.
Remember to adhere to the competition guidelines and terms while entering. We look forward to seeing your Bloccs® experience!
Social Media Account Handles:
- YouTube - @BLOCCSPROTECTORS
- TikTok - @bloccswaterproofcovers
- Instagram - @bloccswaterproofprotectors
- Facebook - @bloccsprotectors
Please note: The competition entry form will enable you to link your social media post or upload your file directly.
EMAIL – the Entry and Caption can also be emailed to email@example.com
6. Restrictions. The Entry must not contain material that (a) infringes any third-party rights including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent, name/image/likeness, publicity, or privacy rights; (b) is defamatory (liable or slander) of another person or entity; (c) discriminates against a protected class under federal or state law; or (d) is otherwise illegal under federal or state law. Bloccs reserves the right to elect not to upload the Entry to its website or Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or YouTube and/or remove the Entry from its website and/or Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or YouTube at any time in its sole discretion.
7. Eligibility. Except as otherwise stated herein, any person aged sixteen (16) years or older may participate in the Contest without parental/guardian consent. Any person under age sixteen(16) may participate in the Contest only with written parental/guardian consent in a form approved by Bloccs in its sole discretion. Employees of Bloccs are not eligible.
8. Start/End Dates. Each Contest will start at 12:00am Pacific Time on the first (1st) of each month and end at 11:59:59 on the last day of each month. Bloccs reserves the right to amend or terminate the Contest at any time in its sole discretion.
Prizes and prize winners -
9. Criteria. The winner will be determined by Bloccs’ personnel after evaluating the Entry quality, colors, depiction of how the Bloccs Waterproof Cast and Dressing Cover helped save the holiday/vacation, among other criteria. Bloccs reserves the right to change the criteria at any time in its sole discretion.
10. Winner. One Contest winner will generally be announced on Bloccs’s website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok pages and website within two (2) weeks of the end of that month’s Contest.
11. Prizes. A fifty dollar ($50.00) Amazon gift voucher or payment via PayPal for a photo winner and/or a two hundred ($200.00) Amazon gift voucher or payment via PayPal for a video winner, Prizes will be awarded in the local currency equivalent (“Prizes”). The Prizes is non-transferable and no alternative (like cash or otherwise) will be provided in lieu of the Prizes. Bloccs reserves the right to amend the Prizes at any time.
12. Delivery. The Prizes will be sent by Bloccs to the Contest winner via email generally within two (2) weeks of the end of that month’s Contest.
Intellectual property rights and data protection
13. Representations/Warranties. Upon entering the Contest, Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant (i) is either the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry and all of its contents or has the exclusive rights to the Entry and all of its contents; (ii) the Entry does not infringe on any rights (whether intellectual property or otherwise), of any third-parties; and, (iii) all persons who appear in the Entry or who have taken the photo or video that comprise the Entry, have, prior to the submission of the Entry, consented to such submission.
14. Indemnification. Entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold Bloccs and its affiliates, and their respective members, shareholders, directors, managers, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Bloccs Indemnified Parties”), harmless from and against all Losses (as defined below) incurred by any such Bloccs Indemnified Party arising out of or resulting from the inaccuracy or breach of any representation or warranty of Entrant contained in paragraph 13. As used in these T&Cs, the term “Losses” shall mean losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, awards, settlements, costs, and expenses including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, court costs, travel expenses, reasonable witness and expert fees, and other reasonable out-of-pocket litigation and settlement expenses.
15. License. Entrant grants Bloccs a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to copy, reproduce, display, distribute, publish, and create derivative works of the Entry in whole or in part, in any media form know known or hereafter created.
Governing law and jurisdiction
16. Disclaimer of Warranties. THIS CONTEST AND THE PRIZES ARE BEING PROVIDED BY BLOCCS “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BLOCCS DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In those states which do not allow disclaimers of implied warranties, this paragraph 16 is inapplicable.
17. Limitation of Liability. BLOCCS DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONTINGENT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND LOST PROFITS. BLOCCS’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR PRIZES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE VALUE OF THE PRIZES.
18. Release of Liability. ENTRANT HEREBY RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TIKTOK AND YOUTUBE, TOGETHER WITH ITS MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, FROM ALL LOSSES (AS DEFINED ABOVE) RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM THIS CONTEST OR THE PRIZES.
19. Governing Law. These T&Cs are governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, excluding conflicts of laws principles.
Forum Selection. For any claims arising from or relating to these T&Cs, Entrant and Bloccs agree to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Chicago, Illinois. Entrant and Bloccs hereby waive any right they may otherwise have had, but for this paragraph 20, to file a motion to dismiss or motion to transfer venue for lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, or forum non-conveniens related to such jurisdiction.